ICON 2020

This week is the International Conference for the Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA). Originally, I was supposed to be in Nashville, Tennessee. However, COVID-19 had different plans. Instead, I have sat in my living room for the past few days only to listen to different speakers and network from the comfort of my couch. I will admit, I was extremely upset when I found out that I was not going to be able to go to Nashville (especially because all expenses were going to be paid for due to my being on the National Committee for PRSSA). However, this week has been interesting to say the least. I have gotten the opportunity to listen to some amazing speakers as well as network with experienced professionals. My favorite session I listened to was Twenty Years and Still Relevant: How the PRSA Code of Ethics Impacts Practice. This session was interesting for me because as the VP of Professional Development for the National Committee of PRSSA, I am in charge of ethics and getting the information out about the Code of Ethics in the industry. I was able to learn some things that I was not aware of, such as different models of approaching ethical situations in public relations. I am upset that this conference was not in Nashville in person because I really wanted the opportunity to meet and see all of the other committee members that I get to work with. We will get to see each other all in person one day, it just wasn’t going to be this week. The only good thing about this conference being virtual is it hasn’t been as exhausting as I think it would have been had we had it in person like it was originally planned. I am hoping that when assembly rolls around in the spring, we will be able to go to Arizona in person. I am keeping my fingers crossed!


 

Comments

  1. Not being able to go to Nashville is very unfortunate, it would have been a really fun trip for sure. I’m glad that you were still able to enjoy it even though it was done virtually.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts