Top Six Favorite Social Platforms

 


I use social media every day. I wish I didn’t, but I do. Sometimes, social media stresses me out because I feel the need to be caught up on everything on each platform that I have an account on. However, sometimes I use social media to relax from my other daily activities that stress me out. I usually have a routine in which I get on and check my accounts in a specific order. I usually start out with Snapchat. Then, I check Instagram and after that, I get on Facebook. After I check Facebook, I check my VSCO account. After I check VSCO, I get on Twitter. Twitter is always followed by TikTok. 


I think that Instagram may be my favorite social platform to use. I just like the whole layout of Instagram and posting pictures strictly with captions. I think that you can use the platform for a numerous amount of purposes, which is nice. A close second for me is VSCO. VSCO is different but closely related to Instagram I think. It is usually just strictly photos and you can’t see the number of likes and reposts that another person’s image has, which I think is interesting but in a good way. People are so caught up in always wanting to grow their number of likes and shares and be able to show that number off. But on VSCO, they can’t. 


Snapchat is probably tied for second because I think that it is my most used social app. Sometimes, I forget that Snapchat is a social media platform just because I see it more as a communication app than anything. In my head, it is more closely related to texting someone rather than Facebook or Instagram. Now TikTok has become surprisingly one of my favorite social media platforms. When TikTok first got really big, I refused to get the app. I thought it was stupid and the hype would die down. Then, quarantine hit. I got bored and made an account. Now I love TikTok, even though it is very addicting. Some days, I go without touching the app. Other days, I can’t get off of it. 


Facebook and Twitter are probably my least favorite social media platforms to use. Usually, Facebook is full of content from middle-aged people with nothing better to do than post about their chicken crockpot recipes. Twitter has it’s good days and bad days. Sometimes, I get on Twitter and laugh my head off. Other days, I get on there for two minutes and get so annoyed or bored that I leave. But, I guess that happens with all of my social platforms at one point or another, it just so happens that it happens to me more often on Twitter.





Comments

  1. I like this blog because it makes me feel better about my social media use. I use my social media all the time. I think my favorite is Tiktok is my favorite because it makes me laugh, but I also love snapchat. I too forget it's social media but I still use it all the time. Hope you get more laughs and it stops stressing you out as much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also feel a lot better about my social media use. I feel like I spend way too much time on platforms like Instagram and Twitter. Great read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snapchat is the first social media platform I check as well. However, Instagram is my favorite too. Facebook may be for the older crowd, but for some reason I am addicted to checking out what is going on in the world of Facebook all the time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts