Life Lessons

One belief that I hold is that hard work will pay off and you will get where you want to be in life by working hard for what you want. From a young age, I can always recall my parents telling me to work hard and to always give my all in whatever I decided to do, whether it be playing sports, music, school and so on. I know for a fact that both of my parents have worked very hard their whole lives. Before they had kids, they used to work two jobs (sometimes more) all of the time. Even after they had kids, they still worked two jobs here and there when they could. They have always been the type of people to do things themselves and not have anyone help them, whether it be home improvements, landscaping and those types of things. They do not like handouts. Not only did they instill in me from a young age to always work hard, but I felt an obligation to work hard and try to be the best that I could be. I think that I didn't want to disappoint them by not being the best, so I worked my hardest to make sure that I was the best. Looking at all of this now, I still try to be the best I can be, but more within reason. College is a super hard time for anyone and life can get pretty busy and hectic. To the best of my ability, I try to work really hard and balance my school work with other extracurricular activities and working in order to make money, get good grades, and still have some fun in between. I know the person I was in high school would not be as proud of the person I am today when it comes to working hard. I am definitely a little more relaxed now than I was in high school and I have come to realize that that is not a bad thing because I still manage to get good grades, make money, and have fun. I do not regret the fact that my parents taught me to work hard. Working hard is obviously a great skill to have in life period. I will always be grateful for having them to teach me this skill because I know that I would not be where I am today without having known how to work so hard.







Comments

  1. I feel the exact same way. My parents always told me if I worked hard I would achieve whatever I set my mind to. College has a good way of making you feel like no matter how hard you work, sometimes you just can't get what you're working for. My drive to do school is at an all time low, but I'm hoping if I can push through, I can get what I'm working for; the perfect job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so true, if you work hard enough you can achieve anything you go after. I was taught that from day one and it has stuck with me ever since.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts